Based on a central directive of the Max Planck Society, all planned major events have to be cancelled due to the situation regarding the corona virus.
To our great regret, this also applies to the Open Science Days, which consequently cannot take place this year.
Day 1 – March 02
9.00 a.m. – 10.15 a.m. REGISTRATION
10.15 a.m. – 10.30 a.m. Welcoming / Introduction
10.30 a.m. – 11.30 a.m.
- Keynote: Open Science – the culture, the movement, the changes (Tiberius Ignat, Scientific Knowledge Services / Focus on Open Science)
11.30 a.m. – 12.00 p.m. COFFEE BREAK
12.00 p.m. – 1.00 p.m. Session I
- Pre-registration experiences, “Peer Community in…” and further Open Science Tools (Corina Logan, MPI for evolutionary Anthropology)
- The Loss-of-Confidence Project (Julia Rohrer, Leipzig University / International Max Planck Research School on the Life Course (LIFE))
1.00 p.m. – 2.00 p.m. LUNCH BREAK
2.00 p.m. – 3.00 p.m. Session II
- Supporting researchers with carpentry training (Giacomo Peru, Software Sustainability Institute)
- On the evaluation of research software: the CDUR procedure (Teresa Gomez-Diaz, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS) / Laboratoire d’Informatique Gaspard-Monge (LIGM), Université Paris-Est Marne la Vallée)
3.00 p.m. – 3.30 p.m. COFFEE BREAK
3:30.00 p.m. – 5.00 p.m. Session III („The Role of Openness in Good Scientific Practice“)
- CANCELED – Open Science initiatives and experiences in psychological science (Anita Eerland, Utrecht University / The Society for the Improvement of Psychological Science (SIPS) / Open Science Community Utrecht)
- Open Research Practices in Publishing (Demitra Ellina, F1000Research and Wellcome Open Research)
- The Story of an Open Science Experiment (Sheeba Samuel, Institute of Computer Science, Jena)
- 6.00 p.m. GET-TOGETHER
Participation is free of charge – meals and drinks are included.
Day 2 – March 03
09.30 a.m. – 10.30 a.m. Session I
- PhD training on Open Science in French universities (Joachim Schöpfel, University of Lille / GERiiCO laboratory; Hélène Prost, CNRS / GERiiCO laboratory; Bernard Jacquemin & Eric Kergosien, University of Lille / GERiiCO laboratory)
- STRENDA – Standards for Reporting Enzymology Data (Carsten Kettner, Beilstein-Institut zur Förderung der Chemischen Wissenschaften)
10.30 a.m. – 11.00 a.m. COFFEE BREAK
11.00 a.m. – 12.00 p.m. Session II
- ReplicationWiki (Jan H. Höffler, University of Göttingen)
- Free and Open Source Software for Open Science (Christian Busse, Division of B Cell Immunology, German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ))
12.00 p.m. – 1.00 p.m. LUNCH BREAK
1.00 p.m. – 2.00 p.m. Lightning Talks
2.00 p.m. Wrap-up